how to settle a teething babe

My son, who is 15 months, is having a hard time cutting his first set of wisdom teeth. What can I give him to make it better besides orajel and tylanol? Also, is there anything else I can do for him befor he goes to bed? He's been waking up in the middle of the night due to the pan.

cthrush82

Asked by cthrush82 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Tylonel, Hylands Teething tablets worked really well for one of mine but NOT the other two but definitely worth a try, frozen wash clothes. Hope you get more sleep tonight!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Not really. Just the orajel, tylenol or motrin, and teething tablets. Sometimes we used all three. Good luck!!! I froze my pacifiers and my son chewed on them.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• breast feeding extra has always worked for us, except for when i quit breastfeeding before all the molars came in!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i used to put some wet clean rags in the freezer and then when it was bugging him bad i would let my son chew on one for a bit. seemed to help soothe him . i also liked using hylands teething tablets.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• We don't medicate for teething. A wet washcloth in the freezer for a while makes an awesome teether! Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I was glad I heard about rubbing a small amount of real vanilla extract on the gums-works great.there are even some toys that come with it on it.i would try putting a water teething ring in the fridge then giving it too.tea tree oil works to numb too-again just a drop!good luck
    rw4004

Answer by rw4004 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• My DS wouldn't take a teether, frozen wash rag, etc. but the Hyland Teething Tablets did the trick. We did give him motrin & tylenol alternating every 2-3 hours when it was bad. In my opinion, pain is pain and some have more tolerance than others. Now that he's older, he only wants the teething tablets. They are cheap at Walmart and you can give them fairly often. They are tiny and dissolve in their mouths instantly.

Oh, and extra TLC. Mine wanted to be held a lot more during those times and I rocked him to sleep. Good luck! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• You might also try crushed ice or those cheap popsicles chopped up. That might help to numb it.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i have a 4 mouth that is teething and it get hard but one thing that helps is to have frozen wash clothes
    Lora992

Answer by Lora992 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I gave mine frozen french fries. My 22 yo will still eat frozen ones, refuses to grow up!
    marshalynn67

Answer by marshalynn67 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2010