If you win a law suite and recieve foodstamps only no cash do you still have to pay that back to the government?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That is kind of confusing. That money, was it awarded once? That's a question more for the welfare office. I had worked with a family who had won like $100,000 in the lottery. But that was blown through just in buying a couple vehicles and a bunch of crap. And there they were later in a trailer and still on welfare with nothing real to show for that money they won. But anyways, you would have to elaborate more. But foodstamps goes according to your income and that would be considered income I would think.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I didn't know you could win foodstamps in a lawsuit.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• She meant if she won a lawsuit while recieving food stamps, that if it will count as part of her income.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Unless the lawsuit gains were specifically to pay for something like past medical bills and nothing more, then I would imagine that yes it would count as part of your income. Definitely talk to your caseworker about it, though.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010