Did anyone else experience spotting while pregnant?

Last night I was spotting so we went to the ER and they did tests and a sonogram and everything was fine. Tonight around the same time, I started spotting again. Im wondering if it has to do with the jeans I was wearing or maybe because I was exercising both times? Any ideas? Is this normal?

brittany82389

Asked by brittany82389 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it can be called normal. You should speak to your OB or midwife about it. Maybe you have an infection?
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I did spot for most of my pregnancy with my 2nd. I had a low lying placenta that was causing it. They can see that by doing an ultrasound.
    Try not to woory too much, as long as your getting the appropriate testing done, they will find out if something isn't quite right. Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree talk to your doctor.I had it several times when I was pregnant so it doesn't always mean miscarriage.
    rw4004

Answer by rw4004 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I did when i first got pregnant with our DD she's 3 now.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I did but only early on in my pregnancy. I think I was around 5 weeks or so? They (the ER docs) told me it was from the implantation or something like that. I think that if you went to the ER and they said all is well you're fine. But if you are still worried, definately call your OB/GYN or go back to the ER.
    I know it's hard to put your trust in other people when it comes to you and your baby and your body, but they really do know what they are doing. Just be sure you tell everything you think may be a contributing factor.
    Good luck!
    MayMommaToBe

Answer by MayMommaToBe at 10:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• you should call your doctor at least. it could have something to do with exercising and you may want to take it easy until you can get to the doctor and make sure everything is ok.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I would let your doctor know and maybe ask for a progesterone and hcg test just to make sure the levels are where they should be. I am pretty sure my two miscarriages could have been prevented if my progesterone had been checked. Spotting is fairly common so try no to worry much!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes. I experienced spotting for at least two weeks when I was 13 weeks. It was dark red in color and a few clots. I spoke with my doctor and she explained that it was very normal. I was a nit worried with this being my first pregnancy...I wanted to make sure and be safe. She reassured me it was normal and a week later, it passed and I have not seen any since.
    Heathrusse

Answer by Heathrusse at 11:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2010