Whats the best baby carrier for a bigger baby?

My daughter was petite and I carried her in the baby bourgn ( I know I sp that all wrong) till she was 8 months. My 3 month old son is already 15 pounds and putting him in the BB is killing my back! Any suggestions?

EmandMike

Asked by EmandMike at 10:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I love the Maya Wrap, our DD is 3 and I still use it when she wants to be carried.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I use a Moby wrap. Wraps are designed to spread the weight across your shoulders, back and hips much better than most carriers and slings.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I second the Moby Wrap!
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• moby or non stretch wrap/mei tai/or ring sling
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Love my Moby Wrap!
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Baby Bjorns are HORRIBLE - I got rid of mine after reading up on them. You should never wear baby in a carrier that holds their weight by their crotch. I have an Ergo and I even carry my 39 pound 3 year old in it from time to time. I like Moby for babies in their first few months, but it's too stretchy for my taste once they get mobile. But that's probably user error. =)
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I absolutely love my Ergo carrier! DD is 10 months old and happy as can be to ride around in it (in fact I steam cleaned my carpets with her riding on my back yesterday) plus I find it very comfy. It distributes their weight really well.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 12:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ERGO!!! If you read the testimonials on any site that carries Ergo's, you'll see that the majority of them switched from Baby Bjorns. Those carriers are horrid!

I loved my wrap until my DD hit about 20lbs...at that point, it hurt my back too much to carry her in it, no matter which type of hold I used. We have an Ergo now and it's a DREAM.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2010