ok am i a bad mom if i drink soda?

with my first child i didnt drink any soda but with this pregnancy i do like a soda every two or three day what do you think

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 10:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No, that does not make you a bad mom! You should limit your caffeine intake. Discuss it with your doctor. If you're not a high-risk pregnancy, caffeine shouldn't be too bad anyways.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't think you're a bad mom at all. I drank pop when I was pregnant.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 10:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I don't think you are, I didn't drink soda when I was prego but I ate other high sugar items. Can't say no to those cravings lol.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• no... that's ridiculous!!!!! You are not a bad mom just because you drink soda. I craved orange pop with my 2nd DD!!!! Have your pop momma you deserve it!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No, you are not a bad mom.I didn't drink soda or tea while pregnant with my first. I didn't even eat chocolate because it has a little caffiene. With my 2nd, however, I drank coffee in the mornings and sometimes a coke at lunch (maybe 2 times a week). My dr said 2 caffienated beverages a day wouldn't hurt anything. I tried really hard to only have 1 on most days, but some days I had 2. I did avoid caffiene during the 1st trimester.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• everything in moderation as they say.. i too drank some soda while pregnant. It's not like alchohol where any amount is bad..it more of an overdoing concern..you don't want to be hyped up on it all the time but enjoying some is fine.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I did the same exact thing only my second baby came smaller I guess it could be the caffeine but that was 7 yrs.ago n she is doing fine:) 8lbs vs. 6lbs
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• no you are not a bad mom!!!
    i am not a soda fan, but you are not a bad mom!
    now, if you put soda in your baby's bottle, there may be a question!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No. If you downed a bottle of Jack Daniels day, that would be another story.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Please.  I have 2 cans a day if we have it in the house (don't any more so I buy a couple 20oz bottles and have 1 of those a day instead).  And, if I have iced tea made, I'll have a glass of that, or two.  Whatever keeps me awake because the kids won't let me nap any more (they are into stuff as soon as my head hits the pillow which is really getting on my nerves).

I usually change it up.  Soda and water for a few days, then just water, then tea and water.  If I don't have caffeine I get really bad withdrawal migraines that won't go away.  It's either drink the caffeine or take something for the migraine (and the only thing that works is Advil).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2010