First Vacation After Having Baby

My DD is 13 months and my hubby and I have never been "away" together. We scheduled a mini vaca at a place 2 hours from our house for 2 nights. My mother is coming to my house to stay with my DD so her routine isn't messed up. However, I'm having severe anxiety about leaving her. I feel like a bad mom and I feel as if I won't be able to enjoy myself. We are suppose to leave next week, would you back out of the mini vaca if you were me?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• NO! Do not back out!!! You are a good mom and have arranged for a trustworthy person to care for your baby right?? You need a break right? You and your husband need time alone right? Do not let yourself get so worked up that you can't enjoy your much deserved time away!! I speak from experience when I say, if you don't take care of YOU and do some things for YOU and your relationship with your husband, you will regret it. Stop worrying, take your trip, and have FUN!!!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No and don't worry you are good mommy. Time with Grandma is soem of my happiest memories plus working on keeping your marriage strong and happy will not only benefit you but your children as well. go, relax, enjoy.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 11:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I agree completely with KTMOM. I went thru the same thing when we first went away (it was for 2 nights as well). But you deserve a break and as long as you know your child is safe, then you need to just go enjoy yourself.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2010