can I still lose weight if I have only gone to the gym once or twice a week for an hour either on the treadmill or ellipticle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• yes as long as you are eating correctly and drinking plenty of water
    mommyagain2

Answer by mommyagain2 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I think you can but also change your eating habits. If you can't go to the gym on other days then go for a walk, do some exercise at home, park your car far away when you go somewhere. Any little bit helps.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Yes, anything is better than nothing, like others said, try to walk and do other active things during the week and change you diet. Look into the "Abs Diet" or "Eat Clean Diet". Adding weight training to build muscle will help you burn more calories. When you're on the treadmill you burn calories only for the hour you're on it... when you weight train you burn calories while lifting and then continue to burn calories 24/7 to maintain the muscle you've built.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Remember that it takes an extra 3500 calories burned in order to lose one pound of fat! You need to work out as much as you can, eat well, and drink water. Losing weight is not easy for most people and takes commitment.
    I have lost 43 lbs in 6 months by working very hard and counting my calories daily as well as working out 6 days a week.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2010