Getting nervous about our trip.. Help.. I need reassurance and advice

I haven't been on a plane since I was 7. But my husband and I are taking our kids to Washington in August and our flight is going to be around 4 hours. Our DD is 3 and our DS will be 10 months. We are taking their car seats on the plane instead of holding them.

So anyway, any advice on what I should bring to keep them entertained, or what should I do to help them sleep during the flight, or any other advice you have would be awesome!

Thanks ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Travel

• For your daughter you could bring one of those portal dvd players and some of her favorite movies
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Pack a small carry-on for your 3 yo; snacks and suckers (to help with the changing cabin pressure), as well as books, small toys, crayons & paper, etc. For the baby, pacifier or bottle to deal with the changing pressure (or nurse), and small toys.

Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Prepare for the worst with the kids and be surprised when it wasn't as bad as you thought. One year we traveled with our kids when they were 2 years and 2 months. My baby was normally a fussy baby in general. I knew it was going to be a disaster. We booked a straight through flight and it was actually not too bad. We did it again when they were 3 and 1. I still was certain it was going to be heinous.....it really wasn't. The baby fussed at one point when he got sleepy, I stood up in the aisle and swayed with him until he fell asleep. When we got off the plane everyone around us thanked us for having well behaved children, lol. I'm sure they were terrified when we got on that plane with a baby and a toddler.

Snacks, drinks, a few toys and books and you should be good.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2010