Did you consider cloth diapering?

If so, what did you decide? and why?
I choose cloth because I didn't like the idea of wrapping my DS in chemicals. Plus it was cheaper than disposables.

FuzNet

Asked by FuzNet at 11:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did use cloth diapers with all 3 of my kids. I did it to save money, because it was better for the environment, and because they seemed so soft and comfy! I had fun buying and using cute ones with different prints etc.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I will try with any future kids for the same reasons as you. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• i used cloth for about a year, but when i no longer had my own machines, it really became impossible to keep up with unfortunately. i was doing it to save money mostly, but to get them properly cleaned in the laundry room, i would have to do 2 complete cycles bc there is no presoak or extra rinse options on the machines, so it ended up being more expensive than disposables.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I am considering it for any future kids because I am a SAHM now and would be able to keep up with the laundry and washing them regularly, and in the long run it will save money and less waste.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I find it tremendously interesting that so many people assume I am judging mothers who made a different choice than me. Personally I don't care if you cloth or disposable diaper, I just wanted to understand what motivated your choice."

I think it was how you worded it, "wrapping my DS in chemicals". I just think that sounds kind of judgmental, as though those of us who use disposables wrap our children in something that can harm them. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your statement. I know that it's hard for people to understand how you're saying things when it's only in text.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I guess I never did because I was in the military and always in and out so both my kids had disposables. I wore disposables as a baby and my butt is fine so are my kids. If I had another child I think i would cloth because it's cheaper.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• No Ive been seeing kids wrapped in "chemicals" my whole life and they all turned out fine,no kids walking around with half of an ass cheek...
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It never even crossed my mind.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i tried to.. to save money.. boy.. i still have them.. but they're so confusing as HELL!!
    my parents use to cloth diaper too.. and that was what?? 20 years ago lmfao.. they tried to help me with it.. and for them.. AND my grandmother.. we were ALL confused so we gave up and stayed with disposable diapers lol.. i use the cloth to wash the cars now lmfao
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• BAHAHAHA! I agree. I've never seen that either. Honestly, I didn't consider it. I'm not going to lie, I didn't want to mess with it. It seems gross to me, and inconvenient. If I really thought it was bad for my son to use disposable diapers, I'd use cloth, but I don't think that it is. People find something wrong with EVERYTHING these days, and I do almost everything I can that's the best for my son. I also don't think that all hospitals (that I'm aware of ) would use disposable diapers if they were bad for baby's. Good for you if you want to do it, but you're no better than those of us who don't. :)

I upped you =]]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2010