Who has "gone green"?

And how long since implemented and what differences (good and bad) have you seen in your household since?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Not totally green but have changed things to help the earth more. I take reusable containers for my lunches in a lunch box and not a brown paper bag. I use reusable grocery bags. I clean with cloth and not paper towels, recycle what we can. Things like that. No where near green but better than what we were.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• I use all "green" household cleaners, soap, laundry and dish detergent, etc. We also recycle everything we can, use "green" diapers, try to eat as much organic food as we can, use reusable grocery bags, etc.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Cf light bulbs, our own shopping bags, use vinegar and baking soda for most cleaning (with rags), big garden, summer shopping at the farmers market, clothes line instead of dryer, lots of little things. There is some monetary savings and some things are easier: cloth bags hold more, so less trips into the house with groceries, house smells clean not chemical, way less trash on trash day. Replacing old habits with new takes time and cooperation from everyone in the house.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 12:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have been Green... just getting more Greener... I use vinegar for a lot of things. To recycle newspaper I use it as paper towel on windows/mirrors and other glass... and old clothes as rags for other household cleaning...I recycle EVERYTHING... only have a 1/2 of trash can full on trash day... will be setting up another rain barrel and hubby is getting me a compose barrel later this yr...
    I hang laundry instead of using the dryer as often as possible... coupons when grocery shopping... thrift store for clothing, and we use the freecycle on line to give things away ....I buy extra and freeze what I can (just bought a new freezer so that will even easier to do)...
    I am using very little to almost NO harsh type chemicals around the house... You just have to get into the swing of it and the rest will fall into place...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would like to, but getting others in my house to follow is a big challenge! I use GREEN cleaning products, thats about it for now.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I've always been green ever before the green fad. I would even drive to recycling centers once a week. So glad the city recycles now. I was raised by a couple of smart hippies who taught us how to reuse & recycle.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I make my own household cleaners, laundry detergent, soaps, shampoo & conditioner, lotions, sun screen, etc. I grow organic vegetables, buy organic meat and other produce I don't grow from local farmers. I recycle, have a compost pile, when I buy new clothes they are 100% organic, low flow shower heads, low VOC paints, and we are saving up for solar panels for our house.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2010