Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

child support help

I am in a huge battle with my 2 kids father
originally he was set to pay 800$ a month on our two girls
he pist and moaned so I lowered it that day to 600/mth
hes been working at same job but got layed off for 4 mths I'm having a hard time paying for full time child care and want to go get it reviewed...even if it went up 50$ that would help... but can u honestly see can it go up? I mean same job and even if he didnt' work that much that's a 400$ difference. what do u think...I'm scared of going in and them saying no u should be getting less than 400. ???HELP

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • I'd leave it alone until he works again, if he has no means of paying the amount they will adjust it, so basically you are going to go have it adjusted but he is going to have to pay less given his circumstances.

    Seriously, some people only have to pay $25, I think it's a minimum, because they have no income

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

  • I only get $200 a month for my 2 boys only because their father gets paid mostly under the table so i cant prove what he really makes. Has your kids father been a good one? if hes been there to help when not even asked or court ordered i would consider if hes hurting as much as you are right now if thats the case id leave it be for now but if hes a deadbeat and youve had to fight for everything outta him id say nail his *** to the wall. If you can prove your financial hardship the court will most likely be on your side.

    Answer by Mom_o_twinboys at 4:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.