18 months old

Is this just a normal phase at 18 months or is my son just seriously testing me daily to see my reaction. My son is testing every limit all day long now. I realize not to make a big deal over every lil thing, but things that could hurt him I bring attention to and use our form of discipline. I am EXTREMELY consistant and follow through with everything I say to my son but it doesn't seem to bother him til he gets put in his bed for a time out or a spanking on his leg. He knows very well and understands very well what will happen if he does something he shouldn't but does it and watches me get up and then laughs and runs away from me. It is driving me crazy! For the past 4 days he has been like this. any advice? Is this a long phase?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wish i could tell you its normal but i cant because at that age ther are so many different things kids today do my middle daughter who is now 23 still laughs at me when i yell at her and has for as long as i can remember i dont know exctly what he is doing but i bet its nerve racking my grandchildren are of all different ages but i still have some that are around that age so i know what you are going through just kee at what you are doing and hope for the best
    jayzgrandma711

Answer by jayzgrandma711 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2010