Do your kids argue a lot?

My 10 yr old and 6 yr old argue and fuss almost constantly and it drives me nuts...what do you do to try and break them up? It seems that I have tried everything.

JennyMarie

Asked by JennyMarie at 1:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• honestly i know that feeling all to well i have three of my own and i rased my 3 newphs and neice so i had 7 in my hous and thats all they did i guess i can tell you it does stop because now mine are closer then ever but i tried everything
    jayzgrandma711

Answer by jayzgrandma711 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• mine are 5 and 2 (almost 3) they drive each other insane, which drives me insane...i try to distract them with different things in their own rooms or find an activity that will keep them busy together, i'm looking for new ideas though, because now that it's summer, they have too much time, lol.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Grrr, my 9,5,3 year old have been at each others' throats since summer vacation started. I half jokingly told my husband we need to plant them on separate parts of the earth until September 1st.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• " THATS MY CUP!" " SASSY POKED ME IN THE EYE" " GIVE IT BAK!" " I HAD IT FIRST....... BUT ITS MINE!!!!!!!"
    UGH I HATE IT TOO!!!!! ALL DAY LONG THATS WAT I HEAR FROM MY 6 & 3 YR OLD GIRLS. SOMETIMES I CAN IGNORE IT AND COMPLETLY TUNE IT OUT & OTHER TIMES IT GETS TO ME TO THE POINT I DONT KNOW WAT TO DO WITH EM. I SEPERATE THEM AFTER THE SAME ARGUMENT HAS NOT ENDED AFTER 7-10 MINS IF THEY DONT DUKE IT OUT B4 THEN LOL. BUT IF I KNO WHICH ONE IS ACTUALLY IN THE WRONG ILL CORRECT IT WITH TIME OUTS. BUT AS SOON AS THEIR OUT OF TIME OUT ITS SOMETHING ELSE THEY FIND TO ARGUE ABOUT! IM THINKIN ABOUT BUYIN THEM 'HULK' GLOVES & ME SOME EARPLUGGS LOL! ILL PICK U UP SOME TOO WHEN I GET MINE K? LOL
    Mz_Momm25

Answer by Mz_Momm25 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yep! My 3 (13,11, 4) are like that-- especially my older 2- they just can't stand each other and find new ways to irritate the other and of course have to yell and fuss at each other and tattle about every tiny thing. We also live in a small house, and the 3 share a room, so there really is no private space for them. So most times they get separated to other rooms.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• OMG- my 9YO and 5YO fight nonstop! They do everything that they can to irritate one another. Other than separate them for a while there really hasn't been anything that fixes it. My sis is 5 years older than me and mom said it was the same exact way.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 10:01 AM on Jul. 6, 2010