Only child

Do you think its better to have more than one child even if your child has cousins and others to play with??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• It depends on the family. We only have one and plan on keeping it that way, at least for a long time. It works good for us, and he still gets to play with other kids his age a lot he has tons of cousins and a lot of my close friends have kids his age so he never goes more than a day or 2 without having interaction with a child his own age.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm an only married to one of 7 with an only. To be blunt, I've always considered that a ridiculous reason to have another child. Have one because you want one, but don't feel like you have to because there's something wrong with being an only. There's nothing wrong with it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It all depends on your family. We are only going to have one. He doesn't have any cousins to play with, and we live in an area where there aren't a lot of children. I take him to the library a lot to play with other kids.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I planned on none; we are happy with one.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2010