at what age did/will you letyour child(ren) brush teeth alone?

ds just turned 4. i try to brush his teeth every night but there are nights i just cant seem to do it so rather then let his teeth go uncleaned i have started to have him do it alone. the thing is those nights are seeming to be coming more frequently since becoming a single working mother of him and his 10 month old sister... should i do everything i can to get back into the swing of me brushing his teeth or is he old enough to do it himself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• my oldest is 5 & I sometimes let her brush her own.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Six

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My oldest is 5 and my youngest is 3 & they both brush their own.. they do a good job too!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My kids' dentist recommends age 6. My oldest is 7, and we set a timer for her, but she brushes them herself. We still brush our 3-year-old's teeth.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010