Am I the only one that thinks asking questions for a "points game" is dumb?

Like: Post and I'll vote you up? 10th poster gets best answer. Just for fun bump me.

Seems dumb to me and an abuse of the system... I thought this was supposed to be about asking and answering peoples questions on playing and inventing games to earn points,

Seems like a popular thing to do though so I guess I'm just a stick in the mud.

Blueliner

Asked by Blueliner at 1:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I go on here once a day usually at night like always and give my honest opinions no matter if there is a point systom or not. I have not changed my ways even with the new point syston so I really don't care if they score for points. Yeah I think it is kinda dumb but I have noticed there are no bashers which is always nice....
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It's like any other game. At first I was opposed just because I thought it would spam the system, and it has, but I think the mood around here is a lot lighter lately. Nobody is calling each other people names, fighting over issues and bashing as much.
    It's basically a way for CM to get people to come online to their site more often. CM created the monster.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Ah, I guess there is always going to be someone who abuses the system. I did just ask on about whether or not you get points for anon, but I was really wanting to know. I'm sure no matter what they did to try to weed out people doing this or that, there would always be something else come along...
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No, CM does too. They're making a special section just to hide all those questions in so you don't have to read them unless you want to.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• What else are we supposed to do? And I like CAGirl14's thought that it has lessened the bashing and lightened the mood!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• seems like this is kinda one of em, but i guess most are...i agree with u though :))))
    ahasugar

Answer by ahasugar at 2:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree that the whole "point system" is kinda dumb, but I guess if the bashing gets minimized, then who am I to argue? :)
    SilverFire85

Answer by SilverFire85 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You're right, there are a lot of these questions being asked, but CM decided to create a point system so members NEED to earn their anonymous button back. Welcome to first grade!!! If I'm going to be treated like a first grader I'm going to act like one. I liked having the anonymous option and I want it back. I wasn't the one who ruined it in the first place so why should I have to play this game right just to get it back! Afterall, it is just a game.
    I will say that it is a lot more positive around here! I rather answer questions like that rather than, "Am I pregnant, How much do you get in food stamps per month, My boyfriend ran a train on this whore should I still date him, Why didn't you breastfeed, are you uneducated etc.....
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 8:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• That's good to know NotPanicking :)
    Blueliner

Comment by Blueliner (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2010