What is "Vote Up"?

I'm trying to learn this new answer stuff and can't figure out what is Vote Up. Can you tell me please.....Thanks.....Julie

PS: And I make points for asking this question? And y'all get points for bumping and answering this question??

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 1:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Here is where you can learn more: http://www.cafemom.com/group/110866/

To bump a question means you think the question deserves more answers.

To vote up an answer means you like their answer, agree with them, the answer is funny, etc.

But basically, you earn basic credits by asking questions, answering questions, bumping questions and voting up answers. You get a certain amount of each of those a day so you cant go crazy asking tons of questions a day just to earn points.

You also earn extra credit by being voted best answer, by getting your question bumped and by getting your answer voted up.

The credits are so you can unlock things such as anonymous for answering questions and also to down vote.

You can also lose credits for having your answer get down voted or deleting a question or answer or reporting someone.

I think thats everything in a nutshell :)
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Voting a answer up gives that mom extra credit points. You do that if you like what she said, if she gave good advice..etc. And yes you get points for asking, we get points for answering and you will get extra credit for any bumps you get. Also people get more extra credit if you vote them best answer.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2010