How was the transistion from 1 Child to 2 children?

Advice please?

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 1:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine where 23 months apart which I have learned is a lot of time compared to other moms in here! it wasnt so bad, dd was able to start helping as the big sister pretty fast. So funny, Im going to ask this in a post sometime,,but I swear, when my son was about a year and a half, dd would know exactly what he was trying to say. I would look at her with this puzzled look, and ask her what he was saying and she always knew exactly what he was trying to say. Something about sibling love,,,its awesome!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My oldest was only 15 months when my son was born so I don't really remember what it was like to have 1 kid.  I was already prenant by the time she was 6/7 months old.  I just went from one baby to another and it all flowed rather smoothly.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Hard. I found becoming a mom simple and easy and obvious... but adding a second person to think about and respond do just about melted my head. It didn't help that my kids are very different, and my elder thinks in ways I find completely logical and easy to understand, while my second (and last) thinks in completely surprising and bizarre ways TODAY (she's 18)...

I did love the advice another mom gave while I was single the mom of a single (probably badly quoted, but I hope conveys the message!):

My older child looked in while I was staring with adoration at his new sibling. The look on his face was pure hatred. I said, "you wouldn't remember this, but this is exactly how I looked at you at this age. You were so tiny and perfect, I just loved looking at you and looking at you... and I still do. Now we have a new person to get to know."

After that, she said 'we talked a lot about his babyhood, but the hatred was gone.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• mine were 3 yrs 3 months apart & it was HARDer than going from 2 to 3! i was used to sleeping & having lots of money & lots of sitters to none of that! lol. now with 3 I am loving it!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i am hoping it will go smoothly (for bot of ud). i am havng our second child in nov. i already have a 3 and a half year old... i feel like i'm going to have to start all over.. it'll be worth it though.. good luck!
    TomsMom

Answer by TomsMom at 6:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It remember being pregnant with my second and being really worried. It was sweet and peaceful with one. Then my son was born and I brought him home laid him on the floor for his brother to "examine" and he instantly loved his brother. It was a lot more work cause 2 can do way more damage than one can but it can be easier as well cause they now have a playmate!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2010