Would you be willing to commit perjury in court for a close friend?

What if your lie would save his life?

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 2:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• ABSOLUTELY NOT. if a friend even asked me to , then they are not a friend. If my lie would save thier life, that means that more than likely they committed the HORRENDOUS crime to be eligible for the death penalty so NO WAY. i am not going to jail to help a criminal stay out.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Honestly that would depend the situation. Instinctivley I want to say no, however if I felt this person was innocent and wrongfully accused I can't say I wouldn't consider it. To be honest I don't know what I'd do in that position, and hope to never be in it.....If the person was wrong and it was a lie just to lie to save their butt, then no most certainly not....
    MamaCharity

Answer by MamaCharity at 2:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No I wouldnt, I would do everything in my power to help prove they were innocent but lying in court isnt the way to do it. What if the evidence that would prove them to be innocent didnt fall in line with the lie and only made them look more guilty? I wouldnt want to carry that on my shoulders for the rest of my life.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i would have to be in the situation to know what I would do.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• That would be a toughie... never really thought about this. I'd weigh it carefully thats for sure.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree with MamaCharity. If she was indeed innocent and I knew without a doubt I would weigh the situation and possibly would lie for her. If she wasnt innocent and did do the crime than she should do the time.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 3:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2010