How do you deal with getting fired?

On Tuesday morning, I found out I had two bad customer satisfaction surveys, I also was told that my employment was under review. I had always had numerous perfect scores and positive escalations(compliments) including one of each that morning. Management made the decison to fire me. Has any one else had this happen and how did you make it through it? I do mean financially and emotionally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• It has not happened to me. Go get your unemployment, take a hot bath, just to cleanse the negative away, then go out and look for a new job.

Good Luck I hope it works out for the best
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Financially, first, file for unemployment. Second, start cutting back on your expenses. Third, get your job search in high gear: line up professional references, update your Linkedin profile, clean up your resume. Looking for a job is a full time job; get dressed for "work" every day; keep your day structured, as if you were working

There are many more great tips, and resources, in the Job Hunting Moms Group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think those are all some very good advice! as far as the emotional side of things. Just try not to be so hard on yourself because as you are serching this may show through. Try to figure out what went wrong there so you can move forward. Just keep your head and sprits up.
    P.johnson

Answer by P.johnson at 11:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Awww, sorry to hear that! That totally sucks. File for unemployment and don't take it personally. I can't believe they didn't look at your entire history on the job and based their decision on two bad reviews. Good luck!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Make sure you file for unemployment. Do not be afraid to take a couple days and mourn the fact that you got fired. It hurts. Sit around and eat ice cream for a day or two. But only a couple days. Then start a routine.Get up, get dressed and put your make up on everyday. Decide if you should look for a job or take the unemployment. If you decide to take the unemployment, spend the time with your children or go and volunteer somewhere people have it worse than you because that will stop you from getting depressed. KEEP BUSY!!
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2010