Animal Testing?

How do you feel about it? Have you done research on it and are okay with it?
Just wondering bc we buy only animal testing/cruelty free items..
Just a passing thought on how everyone thinks. Not trying to start anything. :)

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm against animal testing. I've not done much research on it, but I don't understand how someone could be ok with subjecting an animal to potentially harmful products. However, I can't say that I check every item that I purchase to make sure it was not tested on animals, I suppose I should start checking that, huh?
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 3:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• :) Everything we buy that is animal testing free helps. :) I am glad you care. ^.^
    midnight11287

Comment by midnight11287 (original poster) at 3:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The vast majority of 'animal testing/cruelty' free products are made out of ingredients that were tested on animals (including people) a long time ago. The alternative is a lot more Phen-fen/Vioxx disasters. You pick.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• True. Just about everything has been tested on animals. But, what I do not understand is why they continue to test an already selling product..
    Thanks for your opinion. I appreciate it! xD
    midnight11287

Comment by midnight11287 (original poster) at 3:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I haven't done my research, so I'm not sure what are the alternative ways of making sure a product is safe for humans.

I do realize, though, that without animal testing, we would not have many of our life-saving medications and technologies. If testing is not done on animals, than humans become the "guinea pigs" of new products. So, in the long run, I'd rather see cancer in lab rats or a monkey with seizures than it be my son!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have mixed feelings about testing for serious things, like medications,as the pp pointed out. However, I do not agree with animal testing for beauty and cosmetic items and always buy cruelty-free.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2010