What illness is going around this time of the year?

Do you know anyone who is sick? because my son is 2 yrs old and he had a high fever for a couple of days now..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• I have no idea what is going around this time of year. The flu could be going around, I hope not cuz I hate it when the kids get sick since I'm a SAHM and I'm the one that takes care of them most of the time.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 3:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Hand foot and mouth disease is popular at this time of year... and so is Fifths. Otherwise, summer colds are pretty ordinary, and the flu is pretty uncommon. Oh... and it's just past the high point of chicken pox season in most of North America.

50 years ago, this week would be the onset of polio season. Mmm... paralysis....
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Im not sure, but a lot of kids are getting fevers right now.. my 2 nephews just got over and my niece has it and 3 other ppl i know are sick too
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't know anyone who has been sick during the last few months...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• To see what sicknesses are going around in your area, check out the health map at http://www.germtrax.com/Map.aspx. It has real-time symptom reports from around the world.
    abbyjo82

Answer by abbyjo82 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2012