Do you celebrate Canada Day?

Do you celebrate Canada Day? If so, what do you do to celebrate it.

tanya777

Asked by tanya777 at 3:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• Yes I do, but I am Canadian. For those who are not sure what it is, it's basically like your fourth of july. It's the holiday to commemorate when Canada became a nation. We're usually pretty low key, we might attend some of the activities the city has planned - it really depends on the weather. We do go see the fireworks though. Mostly it's just a day to kick back and relax with the family.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes, I do... well normally we do... tomorrow we won't be doing much, my hubby is working. But I am Canadian ;)
    CherBearCM

Answer by CherBearCM at 3:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Not generally. We're sometimes invited to things, which we attend if we can. The local fireworks can be seen if we walk 5 minutes up the hill from our house, and we do that sometimes if it's warm enough or we feel like it...it's supposed to rain tomorrow and I have a meeting. So, probably not this year.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes, I'm celebrating by having insomnia and eating bread with stuff on it at 1:30 in the morning. Love Canada day! Just kidding. No, I didn't know it was canada day 'til I saw it on CM.

Oh.... hmm, that reminds me. Once I was in Canada for Canada day and I watched fireworks and a light show on Niagara falls!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm NOT Canadian, BUT I have several friends who are. So, I celebrate with them. (IF they are celebrating.)
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I wasn't aware there was a Canada day.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 3:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm not Canadian so no. I'm not interested in celebrating a holiday for a country I have never stepped foot in, sorry.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 3:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Didn't plan for it because I didn't know we were suppose to.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2010