At what age do you think is good to stop bathing or showering with your little one?

My SO and I both will bathe with our DD. She loves taking bathes so anytime we at doing either she whines until we let her in. No it's not all of us together it's just either one or the other. She's 19 mths old. She doesn't pay attention to private parts or anything. And if either of us is showering with her we'll pick her up so that her eye level won't be at our private parts. Any way what do you do??

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 3:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I stopped around 8 or nine months old. I didn't feel comfortable with anything after that.
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 3:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Her sense of privacy and modesty will happen ... truly. She'll stop being willing to bathe with you. There is no reason to rush it, or to pick an arbitrary age number that has nothing at all to do with her, or her development, or her needs.

The number of times the earth has gone around the sun is as irrelevant as the local barometric pressure is...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Well I still take baths with my 2 and a half year old son..and will continue to until he doesn't want to anymore. He goes through phases of not wanting to get in the bath and the only thing that gets him in is if I am in there with him!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 6:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My daughter is 3.5 years old and still bathes with me sometimes. I figure she will tell me when she doesn't want to anymore. Besides all that, it's just really convenient sometimes, to have her bathe with me.
    Jenniejen77

Answer by Jenniejen77 at 9:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't remember when stopped showering with the boys, I'd say by the time they were 4, probably a little before that. It sort of just faded away, they started wanting to bath and shower on their own. Which was fine with us because it was about time we could take a shower by ourselves. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My 5 year old would still shower with me if I let him. I finally put a stop to it when he was 4 because I realized one day that HE would be able to remember taking showers with me and I did not want that! I get him to take showers with my husband now. Sometimes we make him shower by himself but it's pointless bc we have to watch him and tell him what to do and he doesn't clean himself as well as I think he should be cleaned. Also now that he's 5 I try to make sure he doesn't see me change my clothes or use the bathroom just because he's at the age where I can tell he's starting to be curious about female body parts because the times he had seen me change or what not he was actually LOOKING and paying attention- I was like OK well time to put a stop to this! Haha- you'll know when it's time!
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 10:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2010