We are not allowed to employ illegal immigrants but big industries are allowed to but go under the radar some how?? Give me a break!

basically they are only allowed to break the law because they make the government money?? [scratching head] any thoughts??

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 3:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Can you spell 'slavery'?

The economy rather depends on a great many very-low paid (or unpaid) labour to keep food prices down, to take over household and menial work to free people to earn 'not enough to support another earner' wages for ridiculous numbers of hours per week. Nannies, pickers, factory work, housekeepers, gardeners... it's all a part of the great, big 'we're such a wealthy country, our people don't have to do that work.'

Hands up, all the people who want to work from region to region, picking vegetables and fruit in back-breaking labour for 100% of the daylight hours a day for a buck a day. Threats of being deported optional...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• these illegal immigrant steal US CITIZENS socials, sometime's even there kids SSN too. That is identity theft. Thats how they are able to get jobs in the US.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• and they make more than a buck a day...how about deportation? they really shouldn't be making any money since they are here illegal and sucking up the public assistance that even americans are getting turned down from. I'm all for deporting, that's what other nations do, we should adopt the philosophy....They aren't even refugee's, just here to take money
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• its so bad in arizona rightnow
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Slavery is a pretty major stretch first responder. I think you need to hit your history books and even modern day articles on SLAVERY before trying to equate illegal immigrants employed in this countyr ILLEGALLY to slavery. I dont know of any big businesses that employ illegal immigrants KNOWINGLY for very long. not in this day and age.
    To the OP. many many illegal immigrants, as commented already, get themselves FAKE identification and a stolen social security card. ruining the life generally of another personin this country in the process of working here. I just dont feel ya or agree with you that ANY companies are hiring illegals KNOWINGLY for any length of time without being busted. all it takes is one ticked off former employee reporting it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have seen documentaries and news reports about how big companies use them but are not told on because they are threatened with deportation. I don't agree with how they are able to stay but what really pisses me off is that big companies are allowed to do this under the radar but smaller companies can't. It should be equal for everyone. The workers aren't documented purposely so that the companies can save their own asses but believe me they are used. To say illegal immigrants are stealing jobs is absolutely ludacris. They aren't going around making anyone give up their gardening jobs, or walking up to the fields and snatching berries from ones hands for them to pick. Most people don't want those jobs, if they did they would take them. Would you take thm for less then minimum wage and bad working conditions?? If not than guess what they are not stealing your jobs!! Lol
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010