Can't have it both ways

Did the vote to renew the unemployment extension fail because Reid voted Nay for procedural reasons or did it fail because the "evil Republicans" blocked it? Seems to me if the Pubs tell you flat out they will extend unemployment if you give them a U/E extension bill with NO STRINGS attached, you refuse to do that, and then vote no on your own party's bill, you forfeit the right to blame them for your failure.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Seems to me that politicians have an insatiable taste for pork. So much so they ignore what's best for the people and keep piling on unnecessary spending. It's sickening and we have to hold ALL of our politicians to a higher standard.  However, in this case it is the Democrats and I completely agree with NP.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• There is no money, and Republicans ARE able to face it. No , they aren't..they helped get us here and are still doing so

We are out of money, and Democrats WILL not deal with it. Some are, some aren't

The country is going broke because THEY can't deal with it. The country has BEEN broke, because both REPUBS and DEMS refuse to cut things that may cost them votes..republicans hands are not clean at all....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Reid is quite good at that. He does it all the time. Time to retire.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Didn't Biden say that the 8 million jobs won't be coming back?
    EVER.

Does that mean that unemployment should be extended FOREVER?

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The country is going bankrupt.

Too many people have been getting too much stuff, not giving a damn that there is a bottom to EVERY bucket.

There is no money, and Republicans ARE able to face it.

We are out of money, and Democrats WILL not deal with it.

The country is going broke because THEY can't deal with it.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• So you blame the failure on the few dems who voted against it and not ALL the republicans who did?

seems there is blame to be had by all

and just a sidenote, how many times do the pubs get EXACTLY what they wanted and STILL vote no??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• yes, its all the dems that spent us here!

I didn't say that.  I clearly wrote:   However, in this case it is the Democrats   I also said that politicians have an insatiabel taste for pork.  I didn't call any particular party out. 

It mus be cherry picking season. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• In this case.

No cherry picking at all. I was referring specifically to this case.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

yes, its all the dems that spent us here! LMAO.....that is so ridiculous..as if CURRENT HISTORY NEVER HAPPENED

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2010