What do you think about the man that commited suicide by shooting himself over the oil spill?

Should BP be to blame for this?? he was a captain of a boating company i believe...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1289258/BP-OIL-SPILL-Gulf-captain-William-Allen-Kruse-shoots-upset.html

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• no one is to blame for someone committing suicide. only the person themself can be held accountable for making that final decision. even though suicide is an act of someone who has become mentally illl. there are still always other choices.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it's the same for the man killing himself AND OTHERS over having to file/pay taxes....It's ridiculous
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I agree with sati, the guy made his choice. I can think of worse things a person has committed suicide over, or even survived through. BP is responsible for ruining his business, that's for sure. Very sad.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it's a terrible tragedy. The Gulf oil spill is very depressing. I don't think BP could be held accountable for the suicide but they better be held accountable for an entire ecosystem they've destroyed. I saw the footage of the sperm whale trying to swim through oil and inhaling it. The dead dolphins, the oil-covered birds. It's incomprehensible.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 4:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It's tragic. Should BP be held accountable? No, but I do think we all need to understand that we are in this world together and that our actions and inactions do affect the lives and well-being of others...I'd like to see people in this world understanding and accepting collective responsibility for the state that this world is in, and I'd like to see us following the philosophy of "Love One Another".
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• This is so sad, but no BP should not be blamed for somebody killing themselves. It's tragic that the man didn't see any other options...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 7:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No, if it wasn't this it probably would have been somthing else

Very sad for the family

Don't use a permanent solution to a temporary problem

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think the guy must have had more going on in his life to commit suicide over and do not think BP is to blame over that at all. Everyone needs to be held accountable for their own actions, not for others. He CHOSE to kill himself.

I do think it is very sad that he felt he needed to do this for whatever reason. Really it doesn't help the situation at all.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 8:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No. BP is responsible for the spill. They aren't responsible for the man's emotions or reactions.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I feel it's a terrible tragedy for his family to try to make sense of a death that was not caused by the oil spill. In this case, I feel that suicide was the ultimate eff-you and his family will be the one's to pay the price for his selfishness.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2010