Anyone else have BAD hips??

im only 21 and i have had BAD HIPS for like...5 years.
Idk if its from sports i played all my life or what, but they are so annoying and getting worse!
They pop when i walk sometimes, they pop when i sit indian style or move my leg a certain way. They get SOOO sore randomly. I get bad charlie horses or something in them... i can't do anything with them lol.

its worse when i am pregnant UGH! they have been killing me the past 5 days or so. What can i do to ease the pain? And do you think this will be worse when im older? I hope not :(

hip replacement at 40 here i come!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• Yup. I have bad hips. They're twice as big as they aughta be! ("BAD HIPS!" *spank! spank*)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Mine have been like that my entire life when I was 6 I used to wake up screaming in pain from it. My doc thought I would grow out of it but I never did. It has gotten better the older I've gotten. It was s bad during pregnancy though, OMG there were days I almost collapsed from pain. My doc had/has me sit Indian style and stretch the ligaments and muscle in there that seems to help.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 5:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It sounds like conventional medicine has failed you. Have you tried a chiropractor and/or an acupuncturist?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I RARELY take modern medicine anymore... havent for a long time.

My FIL is a chiropractor... he lives a few hours away amybe ill ask for an adjustment next time i see him.... :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 5:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• An adjustment should help temp. I have hips that turn outward and I get where you are coming from. I used to get adjustments but they did not last long. Surgery is such a huge deal and an orthopedic doctor will tell you,surgery should be the very last resort (I just had my ds at the ortho) he got my hip issues:(,he's 6. Anyhoo,I know it's not much help but he said keeping fit and strong helps.
    GL
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My dd was told she has this going on right now with her hips Iliotibial Band Syndrome also so known as IT bands.
    (http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sportsmedicine/a/itbs.htm) I was told she needs to deal with the pain. She is only 15 y/o. That came from a specialist. We are now seeing a sport medicine doctor in hopes they can teach her the correct way to stretch her IT bands. She too walks and it snaps or can snap them just standing there. Sits too long and hurts, walks to much, plays sports it hurts. Ect... I hate seeing her in so much pain...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• your fil should have told you, you need regular adjustments. usually a chiropractor will see you 2-3 times a week until your body can hold an adjustment, and then you will need preventative care in your case...you may find 1 visit a week to work.
    maybe your fil was just waiting for you to come to him? your husband should know this too!!!!
    have you had a chiropractic exam and x-rays? i would start with that!!!
    good luck mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My hips hurt so badly when I was pregnant with my second baby. I could never get comfortable and it felt like my legs were held on with rubber bands. The pain didn't go away after I had my baby, although it did improve. The only thing that took the pain away was when I got a latex mattress. After three years of constant hip pain, I stopped hurting pretty much the first night I slept on it. Now my hip pain will stay away unless I stay in a hotel with a regular mattress. One night in a normal bed and I start hurting again.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• What I know is that hip pain is usually caused by hip fractures through an injury or was fractured due to being overweight. It is best that you see a doctor and have yourself checked. See also DePuy

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 12:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2012

• Many people who have had a bad experience with the hip implants filed a hip replacement lawsuit. Being pregnant adds more strain to your implants causing more pain. That is why pregnant women with hip implants consider undergoing cesarion section than normal delivery to avoid damaging their implants.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2012