how did you find a work out buddy??

So. I NEED to loose weight. I have all the stuff like DDR( which is great FUN cardio) A great neighborhood to walk in, a circle ab pro, a jump rope and some other things.. but. no motivation. :( I am getting married within a year and I realllly want to drop about 15-20 pounds before hand. If you have a buddy.. how did you get one? I have hardly any friends and very very sadly no car to go to the gym with. Any advise?

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 5:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Wish you were my neighbor!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ^ Same! I need to find someone but everyone has an excuse.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 5:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• if it helps lol.. i live in baton rouge!!!
    midnight11287

Comment by midnight11287 (original poster) at 5:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• That would be quite a drive for me! In in good ol' West "by God" Virginia. Haha. I am just going to suck it up and start on my own. I was doing a yoga video and my daughter would try to do it along with me, but she misplaced my dvd. :( I want to get some small hand weights and at least do some arm work at home. Maybe some ankle weights for walks with my daughter too.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 5:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would start by joining Sparkpeople its a site for losing weight and they will have people from your state on there and they will also have groups where you can find people close in you area. Also they have so much neat stuff on this site. I do not have a car but sometimes walking helps me. But try the Sparkpeople site its worth it. GL Momma and congrats on the up coming nuptials

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Is there a group on here for diet & fitness? I don't have a buddy - just a mirror and that is mean enough! :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• OP, try meetup.com. You can search for exercise groups in your area, or if there's not one, you can start one up. You could also try any local "bulletin board" type websites local to you to see if there's fitness groups or exercise buddies nearby, or post one of your own. Good luck.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2010