• In the Spotlight:

How do I show her I care?

Long story short my mom has been supporting my son and I since I lost my job and went to college (about the past year)....i just found out this morning she's really stressed over money (so stressed her nerves has made her throat swell up inside). I have Nate's first trip to the beach planned for Friday with some mommy friends....now I want to cancel is becuz I found out in order to have gas $ she is going to use her credit card for me to go. =( I told her I'll just go a different time but she said that will cause her to become more stressed. What can I do to show her she is appreicated and I care? I have no income so buying something is out of the question. Any suggestions for something nice I can do for her? Thanks!

NatesMommy118

Asked by NatesMommy118 at 5:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Not to be too blunt but I'm sure if you were actively looking for a job, or even secured a job, it would show you care.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• actually I am looking for a job. I just finished school 2 weeks ago and I have an interview this afternoon. It's not like I'm just sitting on my as* letting her do everything for me.
    NatesMommy118

Comment by NatesMommy118 (original poster) at 5:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• welp like i answered you in a cafemom group. getting a job and helping bear the financial burden for the house will show her more than anything how much you care.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yay for you for going to collage! That is awesome. What did you go for?
    I am sorry she is all stressed out. Maybe if you sit down with her and tell her that she should come to you and talk about her worries to you.. maybe she will calm down. Make sure you look her in her eyes several times a week and let her know how much she is doing for both of yall means so much to you. I hope she calms down :(
    And I guess after this trip if you do go.. maybe no more planning to go anywhere to help save on gas and what npt .. I know that sounds harsh but I had to do that for a while.. not even going to the mall or anything. Hope I may have helped just a tad...
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 5:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Thanks. I went for Medical Assisting. I had honors, 4.0 GPA, Ambassador of my class and I also have been volunteering for Hospice care for the past 5 months. I've worked really hard. I hope I get the job today that I have an interview for!
    NatesMommy118

Comment by NatesMommy118 (original poster) at 6:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Good for you! With your fist pay check treat your mom to a nice dinner and help her pay off some of her credit cards.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If I were you, since you are actively searching for a job, when I started working, I would help my mom pay off all her credit cards and get financially sound before I moved out. And, even if you don't have any money, you could do things like cook her dinner, run her a hot bath with candles and everything, and tell her to take an hour for herself, lots of things like that cost nothing, but can go a long way to easing stress.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• thanks yeah I cook dinner every night actually. I just made a really nice meal the other day. =) Taking her out to dinner with my first paycheck is a great idea!
    NatesMommy118

Comment by NatesMommy118 (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think taking her out to dinner is a great idea, too. Let her pick where she wants to go and really make over her.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would write her a sweet letter telling her how much she means and is appreciated! Then when you get your first check take her out to eat and buy her a nice plant or flowers .
    sew4fun

Answer by sew4fun at 8:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2010