Do I have a reason to be nervous?

Ok so this is my 2nd pregnacy. Last one was a huge suprise and I didnt find out until I was almost 12 weeks. lol crazy i know so i got seen almost asap Then this month this one we were trying for but still a suprise, i found out when i was 6 weeks. So i called my OB the day I found out, they ordered the qualitive hcg to confirm the pos. and set me up with an appt at 11 weeks. Is it just me or does that seem like a long time to wait. Especially since Ive just been nervous since it took us so long to get pregnant this time. I had zero complications with my last pregnancy except extra bleeding after delivery. But stupid me ive been reading online about stuff. And Im wondering if I should ask my dr to order like a progesterone and hcg quantitive. To make sure my levels are ok, because i read online that weeks 7-9 are the worst as far as complications. And im almost to wk 7. So im a little scared. Am i thinking to much about this?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 6:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Relax! :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I really wouldnt worry about it cuz thats not good for your baby. If the doctor felt like there was any concern then they would do the tests that they need to. I wasnt planning on seeing my doctor until I was about 11 and a half weeks along. That is the usual time cuz thats when they can see more with an ultrasound. Request an ultrasound. I just found out that I am only 7 weeks along. So I will be seeing the doc when I am 9 weeks. But anyways, good luck and I hope this helps! But really, dont worry about it! I am sure everything is fine and remember, stress is not good for the baby, so try and relax as much as you can and if you have any questions, call the doc cuz remember no matter how many pregnancies you have had, when you ask a question, no question is a dumb question!
    ashleydancer24

Answer by ashleydancer24 at 6:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Its normal to have some fears. however since you had no complications prior, it is pretty typiccal from what i understand to wait till closer to the end of the 1st trimester fo do stuff. some Obs are different. unfortunatly even if there are issues now with your hormone products, there would be nothing they could do about it really. eat healthy, rest as needed, and stop reading things online that scare you. ok?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think everyone is in nervous during pregnancy, but take a deep breath and enjoy the moment. I used to work in a clinic and first OB appts. are scheduled at about 12 weeks. You are fine. Congratulations!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 7:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The Internet can be a wealth of knowledge - but with that knowledge it can also bring a lot of fear. Don't believe everything you read.  You'll be fine!   And Congratulations!!!

mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 7:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• thats what i thought mine story is little different i had a few m/c and so when i found out i was pregnant in Nov they got my in 10 days and i thought they were going to do all those test and they didn't and when i ask about it she said that she only orders them if she sees a reason too and she didn't see a reason to order them this pregnancy and sure enough this one made it im almost 38 weeks so i guess it just on the Dr. and how things are looking i know they did a lot of Ultrasounds to check on the baby

wish you good luck and the best thing to do is relax and don't always believe what you read i know its hard to do when your just wanting whats best for the baby and a healthy one
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2010