What shoulsd I do if I ate outdated yogurt?? My stomach is messed up!!!!

It was purchased last week. Tasted just fine , didn't appear to be bad. I had one container out of the bunch left. Looked at the date on it and it said June 12, 2010. Usually I check the dates but the store shouldn't have had it on the shelf if it was outdated. Is there an over te counter remedy that would resolve this problem. Maybe some pepto bismol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• Pepto is good. I'm with sati. I wouldn't throw a tantrum to get something from them. I would let them know of the problem to give them the opportunity to fix it, though.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• pepto bismol was going to be my answer :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i would say pepto. yogurt that is a touch out of date is just welll.....more yogurty. LOL unless it was contaminated PRIOR to being out of date salmonella and other food poisonings are not really an issue. I have to say that Bearsjen is a bit extremem. as a consumer it was your job to check your food before leaving. so while letting the store know you bought an out of date product is definitely a good idea, putting up a tantrum is likely not.

take some pepto and if you get worse symptoms call your dr.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I often eat yogurt a couple weeks past the date. As sati said, it is just more yogurty- a bit stronger yogurt taste. It's not impossible that yours happened to be contaminated, and I also wonder if it could be something else that you ate. I hope that you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 7:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• i would go to a health food store and get a good probiotic. try taking two every two hours and see if it helps!
    a good probiotic is going to be better for you than yogurt anyhow, no food colorings, or artificial sweetners!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• try it but if it gets worse I would call your doctor asap. with dairy products there is the risk of samonellla and food poisoning is awful. I would also be calling the store and ripping them a new one until I got a 50$ gift card.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2010