Have you taken your kids to a concert or stage play?

My dd is interested in acting on stage(drama). She dances and likes musicals,on TV. I was curious if anyone has taken their kids to see a play or show? My dd is 10.

Asked by momthruivf at 7:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes we took them to several. They were only mildly interested.

Answer by Bmat at 7:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes - my kids love the Theater! We try to go to as many plays as we can fit into our schedule. Concerts - not yet.

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I took my niece to her first concert for her 13th birthday. My husband went as well, and we were on the main floor, directly in the middle of the stage, against the rail. Couldn't have been any closer, it was amazing. My niece loved it! I wouldn't have taken her just the two of us, but my husband stood right behind us and kept us safe from people pushing. It was brave - but it was worth it and I would do it again. My nephew can't wait till he turns 13! lol.

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 8:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my daughter and I go to concerts- havn't seen a musical or play though other than school ones that she was in, but she loves them

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We have taken our dd to a few

Answer by Jillysmom at 8:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yep I've taken both my boys and they enjoyed them. A lot of local theaters offer beginning acting classes if she's interested, my older son did this from the time he was 5 - 10 until he decided he liked sports more. But he loved every minute of it.

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We have gone to see the Nutcracker Ballet every year since they were 6. We go to one or two musicals or plays a year. We did our first concert this year at age 10. We saw the Jonas Brothers

Answer by mommy3111 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my son loves musicals but he is too sensitive to see one live. I hoping he will grow out of it because musical theater is one of his loves.

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• We took our daughter to a Christmas muscial this past year, and she was 2.5. She did amazing, and it was LOOONG. I took her to a concert (ear plugs) when she was 16 months old, and again on her 2nd birthday. She did great then too. I say, they're never too young to start.

Answer by mommy2jasmine at 1:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2010

• I took my son to see Hamlet in 1st grade, he thoroughly enjoyed it, followed by Suessical the Musical, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Romeo and Juliet...and he has been to concerts as well. He loves it all.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2010