How do you feel about being nagged

My SO nags and whines and acts like he knows everything even when he does not. I just wonder what would make people like this? We all have a person like this in our lives how do you deal with them.

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm usually over sarcastic with them as in "yeah, really? WOW, I'm surprised you're not a scientist because you seem to know the answer to everything" I'm always teasing my DH this way. He likes to seem as if he knows everything. He knows now though that i am going to give him shit, so when he acts like he know everything he'll sometimes say it in a silly voice waiting for me to give him crap. We'll go back & forth like this all the time. Kind of fun though.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I ignore them :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have to say, I am more like samurai_chica. Usually when someone does this with me, I will wait for them to ask me something, and then when they do, I will usually say something like, "Wow! You need my opinion on something? I thought you knew everything!".
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I ignore them as well. If that doesn't work, I'm super sarcastic until they realize what a jerk they're being. If all else fails I stop hanging around with them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• you could hold a mirror up when he does this
    find a small hand held one that fits into a pocket, if needed wear clothing that has huge pockets, even an apron if nessessary

when he starts, hold up the mirror, do not say a thing, avoid eye contact, and if you are really at the end of your rope, get some ear plugs, make a big production about putting them in-make sure he sees you put them in is all it takes, then hold up the mirror

now, depending on his personality, he may find this humor breaks the cycle and you both have a good laugh, or it could so quite the opposite way, if he takes the road of more naggy, at least you have the ear plugs in and remember, just enough eye contact to see his reaction, but not enough to be inenforcing his bad behavoir

just a thought, if you can not do this because you know he would flip, remember this suggestion and hopefully laugh next time he nags
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ditto,mom of many!
    My family has adhd,my dd,ds and dh. They drive me crazy almost all the time. The only way I make it through some days is to ignore them!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 7:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• That is the sign of a very selfish individual and a very good indication that he will never have your best interests at heart and probably a very good sign that he should not be in your life. Now, if you did not discover that in time and you've already married him, there are a few things you can try to maybe help him not be quite so selfish. But if you haven't already chosen him above all others, you really should throw this one back and fish somewhere else. This is a character trait that does not change unless he wants to be different, and that usually means someone has to make it worth his while to be different.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I can't stand being nagged and I become really irritated very quickly, so I would tell him to SHUT THE F*CK UP.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It really annoys me to be nagged. I feel like I'm an adult, I can be responsible for things, ask me something once, and if I say I will do it -- I will!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010