what do you think of all the nerd glasses?? new trend or unattractive accessory??

i wear glasses - and its time to get new frames... i am 26 and i like the look. don't know that i could pull it off right, and kinda think the palin style would match anything.... your take??

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I like them as long as the person can pull them off. It's like the sexy librarian look:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 9:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think they look good on some people and not so good on others. Whatever you think looks best on you!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• well i haven't tried them on yet.... i just had a baby and still have a "full" (lol) face.
    Tiffany8168

Comment by Tiffany8168 (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• What do you consider "nerd" glasses?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think you are talking about the heavy,black frames? I think it depends on the person. There are several kids at my dd's school that have gotten them,Sorta cute. I don't think they are for me though.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My husband always called them the Drew Carrey glasses. Hey, you can be fashionable and buy the cheap frames at the same time now!
    I think they look cute, but I've always had a thing for the nerds!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm not to sure what the nerd glasses are.  Maybe you could post a pic. 

Personally, the most important thing about my glasses is that I can see.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You need to find a pair of glasses that compliments your face shape, skin/eye/hair color, and your style. So even if you like the look, make sure you find one complimentary to those needs, or they won't look good on your face shape.

tips like these will help: http://www.selectspecs.com/info/face-shapes/

what type of glasses are best for you.  ; )

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• well what do you mean by "nerd" glasses? are you talking the dark plastic frames..cause i wear them haha. ive worn them for about 10 years and they look great on me (im not that vain, its what ive been told). they balance out my face and if i have to wear them everyday i want them to be a fashion statement haha.

imo the Palin wire frames make women look older than they really are...you're only 26, so go for something trendy, just not a style you hate. it wouldnt hurt to try on every pair you see, just to get an idea of what looks good on you. and you may have trouble finding something that isnt "nerd" glasses since they are so popular.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp/Cosmopolitan-metima/r.html I have these ones from american best and I love them because they fit my face really well, they are not nerdy and they are really comfortable.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2010