How important is sex in your relationship?

Do you think its important to have this in your relationship?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• It is extremely important. It makes me feel deeply connected to him and I think he feels the same way. We both were lacking this connection in our previous marriages and didn't realize how important it was til we found each other.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It's very important to us - not just sex, but intimacy as well. I know that there are couples who have sex one time a month and they are ok with that, but for us it's 3x or more a week. I think the key is how important it is to both people in the relationship, and that they are on the same page.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Absolutely!  It is our most intimate bond and the one thing about ourselves that we don't share with anyone else.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:42 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• To me, sex is a bonus. You don't need sex to have a good relationship, but it is an awesome bonus. My best friend (who is a guy) and I were talking about this once and he said it annoyed him how people cared more about sex than having a good relationship mentally. Knowing someone is truly there for you, and truly cares for you, can be just as gratifying, or even more gratifying than great sex :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I used to, but now I have no sex drive so not that important to me. My husband probably has a different answer, though:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 9:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it's important, but it's not the most important thing. I'm going to say on a scale from 1-10 (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest) for my relationship, sex is probably an 8.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• While I think sex is important in a relationship, it is definitely not the most important thing. My hubby and I love getting intimate with each other after the children are in bed. It is our way of reconnecting and relieving stress.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes very important to be connected
    TinaP0223

Answer by TinaP0223 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It's important. It's not just sex but a time for us to reconnect after a long day and get back to being us, a couple again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• its part of the glue that holds things together . hubby and i notice a difference when we have not been intimate in a while. more likely to lose our tempers over the small things.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2010