Do you have renters insurance?

If you do who are you going through and what do you pay a month? What is the deductible? Is everything covered? I got a quote through Progressive and it was for 30K(if everything was destroyed that is what I would get), with a $250 deductible and everything is covered for $25 a month. Is that a good deal. There was other stuff added to it also. (1k medical and 100k health & sometime else I can't remember)

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 9:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• hold on let me ask my husband......
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No but I do have homeowners. Be careful because alot of times those "add-ons" are not what they are cracked up to be.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 9:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• we do have renters insurance. 100,000 policy with a $500 deductible. we pay $212 a year wiht state farm. honestly i think that sounds prety expensive to me
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yes..We have it with Base housing and with our USAA for 10 a month...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Check State Farm. That's who we use for ours. We have $40,000 plus a rider for my jewelry and I think the whole thing is $25. Its a non-optional for us. We had friends that had an apartment burn and they would have had a tragedy if it hadnt beent for insurance. They had State Farm as well. They paid them quickly and helped them get back on their feet.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We have a 70,000 policy through USAA I don't how much it is monthly (it is like 15 or 20 dollars a month) because I pay it with my car insurance the deductible is 100.00
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• We don't at the moment, but at our last apartment complex we did. We paid $25 a month through state farm. There was no deductible and we were insured for $100k (per apartment complex rules) including things like injuries to guests and such. We also paid extra for a hurricane/flood insurance add-on since we lived in a hurricane prone area.
    kttycat84

Answer by kttycat84 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have never rented but i do have homeowners. Like Mollgirl states the add-ons are not what they state. My insurance will replace anything that is damaged, most will only account for the depreciated value so if you have appliances over 10 yrs old, the money you would get wouldn't replace half of them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• yes if you get renters insurance make sure you keep reciepts for large purchses IE television , electronics, appliances in a safe fire and waterproof place. I also advice highly to make sure you take pictures of your belongings and write comments on the back, say if you have an antique dresser. write on the back of the picture what it is, what year, etc. we actually have a video taping of our belongings with detailed dialogue on what things are. etc
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• This insurance quote I got was for anything damaged to be replaced brand new. It is even states that on the quote paper work.
    itsallabtthem84

Comment by itsallabtthem84 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2010