When is it okay to call it quits

We have tried counseling, living apart counseling, and compromise but everything is his and then there is whats mine. I have to say my parents keep saying keep trying but I feel its over I know its over. I just want to what was the last straw for others or would be?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• If you/both of you have given it your all and done everything you can think of and it still is not working out then the best thing to do is call it quits and try to part on decent terms. If your family does not like it - oh well, too bad. They are not the ones who are living with disharmony - the only opinions (on your marriage and what to do) that matter are yours and your spouse. I wish you luck and hope everything works out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If you have tried everything and still cannot fix it, then I would say that it's time, before you can't talk anymore and hate each other. You have to do what's right for the 2 of you no matter what anyone else says
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ditto
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Yup, you said you tried everything, which is most important, and it's over. You gave it your best shot. Be good to yourself and do what you feel is right in your gut. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You know it's over. It's over.
    janel123

Answer by janel123 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Some people just can't stay married, we all grow and change over time. What your parents say isn't important, it's what you and your husband can live with. It's better to split up before you end up hating each other.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• sometimes the smartest option is to just admit you made a mistake and allow yourself to move on and be happy. if you've tried all these things and it's not working, it's just not going to work... at least you won't have to look back in years and say you didn't try. we all make mistakes. life is great because you do get to start over sometimes when you need to.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sounds like you've tried everything you can, and if that's not working, maybe now is the time to call it quits. Find something that really does make you happy! Seeing you truly happy is (IMO) one of the best things for your children.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2010