What do you do when one person wants sex more than the other?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 9:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk about it and come to some sort of compromise. The one who doesn't need as much maybe needs to have more time to get ready........massage, cuddling, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I am with a guy who withholds sex when he does not get what he wants so for ten years it has been me wanting it more and I feel bad for people some people in my shoes. lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My husband always wants sex, But we are never awake at the same time, so we seem to be very unhappy.
    RRR4247

Answer by RRR4247 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Um that isn't really a problem for us! lol
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My husband wants sex way more than I do but I'm not going to do it every time he wants just to make him happy- to me that is like rape and would cause more harm in our marriage than me not giving him any in the first place. If I don't want sex he deals with it and I'm sure he spends a lot of time pleasuring himself in between.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My husband always wants sex more than I do - I'm tired!!!! lol He works out of state though and is home on the weekends, so we always make sure to do at least something once a weekend. If I'm not in the mood, then sometimes I'll just do something to make him happy so I don't feel like I have to fake it...lol
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• LOL i think this is common to MOST marriages. Hubby knows fully well to utilize rosy and her 5 sisters if i am not up to the task.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• compromise
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• You need to talk about your needs. It can be really frustrating and ego-crushing to have one partner begging for sex all of the time, and the other one making excuses. If you're busy/on different schedules, plan date nights. If it goes beyond scheduling issues, maybe counseling or reading books about keeping intimacy in a relationship.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• there are plenty of times i'm not in the mood when the subject first comes up, but it doesn't take much for hubby to convince me. on the other hand, when i'm in the mood and he's not, i usually just let it go. unless i'm really against the idea when i'm not in the mood (e.g. i'm not feeling well or i'm thinking he's trying to solve an argument), i just try to get into it. it's like when i ask him to go to the art museum and he's not into it but he goes anyway... sometimes you just do things because it's important to or will please the other person.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2010