During the pushing stage of labor, if you pushed for less than 30 minutes with your first, was your second a longer or shorter amount of time??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well with my second, I was given Pitocin because my water broke, nothing was happening and had her within 20 minutes. With my third it was about a half an hour just like my first- so that must be around the norm for me.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Mine were both about the same, about 10 minutes of pushing, if it was even that long.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I pushed for 20 minutes with my 1st, 3 hours with my 2nd, 30 minutes with my 3rd, 5 minutes with my 4th, and a good 25 minutes with my 5th. It didn't matter what position I was using. Now, my 2nd was over 10 lbs and was just huge. My 3rd was 9 lb. 15 oz. and my 5th was 9 lb. 8 1/2 oz. so I'm not sure that size made a difference, although my 4th, the 5 minute baby was only 7 lb. 10 oz.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I pushed for less than a half hour with all four of my pregnancies. During labor for my second one I was in a birthing chair and when it was time to push, I only had to push twice (man, was that nice)!
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 9:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• it was about 20 minutes for both of them, my first was only 4.9 lbs and second was 8.1
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• with all of mine i only pushed for maybe 10minutes
    sassygoddess

Answer by sassygoddess at 9:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I have 2 kids. My first only took 3 pushes (7lbs 12oz & 21in) and I pushed for about 5 minutes with my second (8lbs 2oz & 21in).
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 9:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• With my first child they had given me a shot in the hip earlier and when they told me to push I said "Are you sure" because I had no feeling of having to push. Her cord was wrapped around her neck and they used forceps to get her out. With my 2nd (7 yrs later) my water broke and I pushed 2-3 times and he was here. I know my labors were easier than a lot of others I've talked to. They gave me an episiotomy with my first and with my second I never even had a single stitch.
    donnawho

Answer by donnawho at 9:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Well my 1st I pushed 2 hours and then my second pushed 10 minutes.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 10:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think both of mine were maybe 5 min? not very long only took a few pushes
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2010