it is tooooo HOT outside to go walking with the new baby...need to lose baby weight, but have the baby with me all day...SAHM??? suggestion?

what can i do to lose this baby weight...he is 3 months old, and i still have almost 20lbs to lose! i was walking with him - but i am in FL and it is sooo hot and sticky out.... i have a gym membership but they won't watch the baby til he is 6 mos, and by then i will be working.... (not that i know if i would let them watch him anyways)... by the time DH gets home, its time to do dinner and older sons routines.... help! i feel sooo ugly!

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• buy a workout tape a fun one like a dance tape or the lapdance worout dvd lol
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• YOu can get a work out dvd for home. I did this for a while. I get bored with them easily, but if you can do this until your weather cools down you may benefit.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• there are excercises you can do in your own home on the lviing room floor WITH the baby, in fact using the babys weight . like leg lifts, stomach rasies from a laying down position with the baby on your stomach. i forget a lot of them know but there were many that were really easy to do and generally used your baby's weight to help do the work out.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I feel your pain! I'm from Michigan, but I got pregnant when we were living in New Orleans; we moved home when Chloe was about 7 months old. I went on Craigslist and bought a TotalGym (that exercise system that Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley are the spokespeople for). Got mine for about $40, and I use it every morning, except on weekends. I dropped the baby-weight in 3 weeks with that thing!
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I lift my babies on my legs. Lay on the floor and lay them on your legs. You can go up and down, and side to side. They love it. As they grow you can do more fun things with them. It's a great work out for legs and butt. Also do some pushup and sit ups on an exercise ball if you have one!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• LOL oh yeah, or have a second baby a year later. I dropped the weight in a matter of months LOL That and breast feeding a few months helped.
    2BlondeBabies

• Be a mall walker. I know this always makes me think of old people but it's airconditioned. Or try to go walking alone before hubby goes to work that way it's not as hot out
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• This may sound funny but, If you have room in your house, you could put the baby in a small umbrella stroller and just cruise around the kitchen, den etc. It will also probably make him fall asleep. Any movement is healthy for you and better than just sitting. He will probably love the motion too. That's what I did because my DS was born in the late fall and it was so cold outside here. I also sat in a chair and faced the stroller at me and pushed it back & forth with my legs for exercise. My DS would crack up he thought it was a game. Hang in there and enjoy the summer! :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Do you have a library card? Our library has a DVD section, I checked out different exercise videos to do when baby was small... he got a kick out of watching me jump around like an idiot. Also, when we would lay on the floor for tummy time I would lay on my side and do leg lifts, or hold him to my chest and do reverse crunches or bicycle kicks. Most of the exercises were toning (not alot of cardio, with the sleep deprivation and all), but I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight in about two months. Good luck!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Do you have a Wii? You could try Wii Fit. Or look at some baby magazines. I know many of them used to have workouts you could literally do with your baby.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2010