My baby is 6 months, she is rolling on her side, but she is not sitting yet at all, is this normal, please help, i am very concern. She moves a lot on the bed, she rolls on her side, but when it comes to sitting she doesnt do at all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't worry ma..its normal. All babies develope at a different rate. A boy that I babysit for wasn't sitting up on his own without assistance until he was about 9 months old. I always say it just means they want to be your little baby even longer,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• all babies are different.. try working with her sit on the floor behind her and hold her in a sitting position and bumbo's work with helping have them sit..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No need for concern. She is a little young to sit alone. Do you put her in anything where she can sit with support, like a bouncy swing or even a high chair? That might help strengthen her "sitting" muscles a bit quicker.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Can she sit assisted?? Give her lots of opportunities to practice and if you are still concerned bring it up to your dr. at her 6 month appt. My dd is 6 months today and she can sit for very short period of times so I usually put a boppy around her for when she tips over.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• She's still too little to worry.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• As the pp's mentioned, too young for worry, but do you give her practice with supported sitting? I used to "sit" mine in a boppy while we were playing which gave them a chance to strengthen the muscles they needed to support themselves.

Answer by missanc at 9:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• She should be able to sit and feed herself fork mashed food. I would be concerned and have her evaluated. It is important to have early intervention for developmental delays. There is a government program that all children under 3 can get therapy, usually in the home. Not being able to sit and feed herself can be a developmental problem because babies can end up having eating issues.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would be a little concerned. Has she spent a lot of tome in baby seats or swings or exersaucers? Those can hinder sitting and muscle development because they don't allow for free movement. Don't use them, use the floor generoulsy -- add incentive with interestiong toys. Sit your baby on your lap ar carry upright in a wrap or sling.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• All babies are completely different--nothing to worry about! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My son was crawling on all 4s at 6 months but could NOT sit up.  He had such a huge head he would just topple over, lol.  He was at least 7 months old before he was able to sit up on his own.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2010