No "in god we trust"

My fb friend posted that due to Pepsi not putting these words on their 4th of July themed cans,she will not be buying them in protest. What do you think? Are you going to boycott Pepsi this summer over this? My husband works for them,and I couldn't care less about the politics behind this,so we will continue to buy Pepsi.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Those words were not originally in the Pledge or on our money, so I'm glad it isn't there- now if only our Government would follow Pepsi's example...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm not going to boycott Pepsi over this - I can't blame them for not putting it on there. They lose either way; people are always going to find something to complain about.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It a free country, Pepsi should be able to whatever they hell they want on their cans, who gives a damn, its still Pepsi. I dont believe in God, but I dont care, God has nothing to do with Pepsi. This is the US, back in the day, everyone believed in God.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• back in the day... the US was created in order for people to escape oppression from religion. the people that perpetuate the myth that the country was founded on christian principles are surely the people who continue to support that blithering idiot sarah palin and think that the texas board of education is doing a fantastic job of choosing what to put in history books. no wonder the people of this country are so ignorant. i wish people would educate themselves instead of relying on tv and church to do it for them.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• well, I think that's a silly reason to not buy a soda! Is she going to stop using money if it's taken off of that? (OK it might have been already but since I use a debit card, I hardly see cash anymore LOL)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I think it is a tupid reason to boycott it...but to each their own I guess
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm Canadian and an atheist, so I guess that would be NO.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• LMAO I don't even like Pepsi but I would be more inclined to buy it just to support the idea of sanity and not putting religious slogans on products that have nothing to do with religion.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• When I have the money for actual pepsi and not the kroger knockoff, I will still get it. Nothing beats diet cherry pepsi. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Nope, I am not. I don't think that line should be on pepsi cans.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2010