What does your little Ms. or Mr. Independant do that kinda drives you crazy?

My little 16 monthold Ms. Independant has stopped liking to sit in her highchair.She fusses until I take her out, then she pushes up the kitchen table stool to the highchair and uses the highchair as her table but must sit in a big person seat to eat,LOL.
Its driving me crazy because I'm scared she's going to get hurt.But she insists and I guess she's going to have it no other way,lol.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 9:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 1/2yr old will parrot things back at you in the same tone of voice she heard the words said and everything. It drives me crazy because I'll be trying to lecture her or get her to understand something and then she'll do that and pretty much just mock me to my face, but its so funny and so hard to stay strong and not laugh! :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2010

• Mine likes to walk around while holding various toys in her mouth. Not quite sure where it came from, but because she just started walking it worries me. Of course when I take it from her she throws a fit.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 9:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• He loves to run so any chance he gets he runs from us!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My 21 mo grandson only likes certain shirts. Then he wants to wear the shirt for days. If you take the shirt off he screams. You can try showing him 3 other shirts he has liked before so he can choose but sometimes that doesn't even work. There is a buffet place he likes to go to and if you take clean clothes along in the vehicle and when you get there tell him he has to have clean clothes on to go in he will let you dress him in the parking lot. I take him there a lot because he needs to gain weight and has food allergies. There are many foods to choose from and I can find things he likes that he isn't allergic to.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Lucas is 2. He doesn't like help with dressing or undressing! He doesn't like help with the big boy potty. But when he stands there he doesn't look like he can get in it? He makes you leave for his own privacy. But I don't see it on the floor or on the rug. He's so independent. Lucky he's my grandson! I only had DD's!! But he's a Joy!! I do understand the Independent ones!! Good luck!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Jocelyn wants to do her own seatbelt and slaps you away. She can do the top , but not the puzzle latch on bottom.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• my son, 26 months old is gong through a destructive phase. First he threw all the dvd's and books off the shelf, now he likes to turn over his table and run his ride-on into it.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My 6 yr old dd likes to do her own hair, usually looks worse than when she started :) My 9yr old insist on pouring her own milk, gets messy sometimes if "her" pitcher isn't pre-filled and waiting (I got a smaller jug and only fill it half way so she can pour it and not make a huge mess)
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• oh, ha guess they arent toddlers but still makes me crazy :)
    bumblebeestingu

• My 1 year old likes to reach for anything on the table/counter, oh and he's been throwing tantrums
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2010