Ingrown Armpit Hair

So this might sound pretty gross but i have some ingrown hair under my armpit. How can i resolve this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Health

• My husband gets ingrown hairs on various parts of his body, including his neck (from shaving, I guess). He always works them out with a tweezer. If they're really tough and under the skin, sometimes he will use a needle to gain access to the hair before plucking it with the tweezers. Ouch--sorry, under the armpit, that sucks. Good luck, I hope it's resolved quickly!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• ouch!!!
    i have heard that if you shave in the direction of the hair growth it can help.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Ouch! I would try and get the hair out, and then leave it alone!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If you can afford it, electrolysis might be a good idea for you. If not, then shaving in the direction of hair growth may help. Also, be sure to wash your armpits really, really well every day to try to keep deodorant products from clogging the pores, which could block hair growth.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Let it dry out or tweeze it out. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2010