Portland police re-opening Gore investigation

PORTLAND, Ore. – Former Vice President Al Gore welcomes a Portland police decision to reopen an investigation into a massage therapist's allegations that he groped her at a hotel four years ago, his spokeswoman said.

Kalee Kreider said that Gore "unequivocally and emphatically" denied making unwanted sexual advances. She added that "further investigation into this matter will only benefit Mr. Gore."

Portland police did not say why it was reopening the investigation in its brief statement Wednesday.

"It's now an open investigation and I can't comment," police spokeswoman Mary Wheat said.

Between this, the divorce, and rumors of an affair--will it ruin is squeaky clean image? Anyone want to speculate on what new evidence might have been found?

mancosmomma

Asked by mancosmomma at 10:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Kalee Kreider said that Gore "unequivocally and emphatically" denied making unwanted sexual advances. She added that "further investigation into this matter will only benefit Mr. Gore."
    --------
    I'm sure that Gore feels that ANY advances he makes are unwanted, and this keeps the public's attention on something other than the AGW fiasco.

Makes me wonder exactly WHAT was going on in the WH all those years ago. Who was running the country while our Pres and Veep were getting their needs looked after? Oh, yeah, Hillary was, I forgot.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I really don't care what happens to Al Gore.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• The woman said she felt there would be consequences if she didn't cooperate.

I suppose this is where the info train ends.  What did she 'cooperate' with? 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• how are they going to prove or disprove groping 4 years ago unless there is video? IMHO it's a waste of police funding and effort to reopen the investigation.

the only reason there is an investigation is because of Gore's status.
    If I call the police saying some random guy groped me at the store, they definitely wouldn't do a damn thing.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I love this! Gore needs to be thinking about something else besides his stupid gloabl warming crap. I hope he is exposed for everything he is.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I still think the main force behind this case getting reopened is Tipper's divorce attorney. I just hope the massage therapist doesn't end up getting her life Lewinski'd in the process.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• It's out there now, and the Portland police are being pressured by the media.

If i was Gore and I was innocent I would want them to investigate to clear up my reputation.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2010

• mancosmomma

Comment by mancosmomma (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't understand. Is the victim in this case requesting that the case be reopened? If she didn't and there aren't any damages, what exactly is the point of opening the case again? I have to tell you, after hearing her testimony on the radio yesterday I don't think there is enough brain bleach to clear my mind. It was just like hearing some of Tiger Wood's texts. My mouth just dropped open and the thought that keeps running through my head is 'you never really know people'. Ewwwwww.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I don't believe it was an assault because of her behavior and the length of time in reporting including her multiple canceled meetings with police and her contact with his people.

I do believe there was something "nasty" between the two...happy ending perhaps?? but not an assault

Maybe they found video that would at least in part support her claim? ?? Not sure what they would find NOW that the couldn't find them

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:17 AM on Jul. 1, 2010