I Duct taped all the cabinets!

Okay...so not YET,lol. But I'm going to duct tape all the cabinets and drawers CLOSED! My daughter won't stay out of them. She even has 2 cabinets that I put all my tupperwear in that I call "her" cabinets and she can play with anything I put in there.
We have a ton of those saftey locks and I've been asking mr.fix it all dh to put them on for MONTHS now. He has not gotten around to it yet. I've tried to do it myself but its like the wood on the cabinets are too hard and I can't get the screw to go through.
Other than duct tape...what would you do?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Put a bunch of his things in "her" cabinets as added motivation to get the locks on! Lol, I had the same issue with my DH not securing the girls' dresser to the wall. It made me utterly paranoid!
    rebabeach2

Answer by rebabeach2 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• keep her out of the kitchen unsupervised

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Ruberbands. Duct tape might pull paint off if your cabinets are painted.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 10:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I would keep the child out of the kitchen. depending on how old she is, buy those little baby fences.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• There are sicky snap shut things you can get so they are very easy to install and the stick does not ware off. I forget what they are called I have them all over my house they are GREAT!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If you are willing to take a crack at installing the cabinet locks yourself again, pre-drill the holes for the screws. This will, of course, make it easier for the screws to go in, plus you're less likely to crack or chip the finished surface on the front side.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• When my kids were little my house could have been in a magazine as an example of the perfect childproofed house. It made life so much easier. I had mom's groups over a lot. Everyone liked comoing to my house because it was safe and I had a lot of toys. Now I am a grandmother of a very strong willed 21 mo. If I put locks on the cabinets it would really make him mad. I've given up. I just throw the stuff back in the cabinets after he leaves and then before I use something I give it a quick wash in case it was something he has had on the floor. He is at my house about every other day so it's not like he is only tearing up my house once a month. He can open the fridge and freezer (side by side). So far he only gets what he is supposed to get.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I remember my mom used to put wooden handle spoons and that type of utensil through the handles. I don't know if that is something your kitchen has, but I guess it'd be worth a try. Sounds like she's extremely curious. In a pinch, I guess duct tape would work, it just might pull off your paint. But, you can always repaint later on.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'd recommend the cabinet locks and drawer child safety things from walmart ;o) easier than duct tape and don't leave that nasty residue LOL like mom2aspclboy said, predrill your holes, it will make it much easier!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• kjfkls;afjk;ladsfjdskla LMFAO!
    bri_0110

Answer by bri_0110 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2010