What questions should I ask my (army) recruiter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• You should ask them what kind of benefits you will get, what its like, weight and height requirements, salary, how you will benefit from it, what goes on, how long do you have to stay there, where will you go, ask anything. Even the stupid questions, they are there to answer them
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Quoting Gailll-

Don't do it! If you are a mother you have no business being in the military. Your responsibility is to your chldren 100% until they are adults.

What the hell do you mean we have no business being in the military, I for one know I am a good Mother to my two children, and as a PROUD SOLDIER, I resent the implication that you think women as mothers do not belong in the Military. Shame on you for being so inconsiderate and IGNORANT!

Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Knowledge is power. More information here.

Eight questions about enlistment contracts

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Well first of all I assume your a mom, so you need to be really clear about what is expected of you,, I am not sure if you are a single parent if they will take you,, my friend was trying to join the marines (hubby was already enlisted) and they wouldn't allow her to join because they already had a child...so be sure about this! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If you have a specific career path inside the military that you want to get into, you need to ask what the requirments are. With the army some specific careers cannot be attained right away. Therefore, you need to figure out what needs to be done to get to that specific career. If you're going full time and not National gaurd then you need to ask about time of leave, so you can visit family, and how long each program is. Basic camp, required duty, etc. You also need to ask them about the requirements of passing the ASVAB. (ASFAB?) To see if you need to freshen up on any of the courses covered by the test.

If you are a single mother then you need to ask if there are any reservations about them taking you. About what you need to make sure is done before you can join the military.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• A lot of your question can be answered here. United States Military Enlistment Standards

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Don't do it! If you are a mother you have no business being in the military. Your responsibility is to your chldren 100% until they are adults.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:27 AM on Jul. 1, 2010