What are your plans for today?

Looking for ideas. I can't stay home today or me and my son will go crazy! And I don't have any money and it's rainy outside.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 10:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Go to a library? Go to a children's museum? Go for a drive and just enjoy the sights? I don't know where you live. I live in the rural country. The middle of no where..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:29 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sounds like our weather here. It's hot, humid and there is an 80% chance of rain.
    I'm going to clean out my utility room. Not so fun. Maybe I can find something else to do later. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Sorry, can't help much on the rainy problem - it's suppose to be almost 90 here. So, we are most definitely hitting the pool to cool off! But, I know when it's rainy out my kiddos like to do crafts, color, and play card games. Good luck!
    scarlett0720

Answer by scarlett0720 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm probably no help. I'm going swimming this morning, coming home writing two recipes for my budget cooking column, and making to recipes for photos for the column, catching up a few chores then sewing.

What about a movie, or lunch at a Burger King of McDonald's with an indoor playground? Or just stay home bake some cookies and make a blanket tent in the house!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I do Art with my kids on days like that painting gluing cutting popsickle sticks construction paper. They get creative and messy but the finished product is always something to be proud of!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Maybe go to a friends house? Or a family members? Do you know anyone with a child same age as yours?

Today my mom and I are taking the LO's to the pool. It's only two dollars to get in and they have a great kiddie pool. Today is DD's 1 st birthday, and she absolutely LOVES the pool!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Walk the mall, go to a friends house, or stay at home and do something you never do. A craft, baking etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Can you have some friends over or go to someone's house to play?? We usually have lots of playdates on rainy days and we make forts and play with playdoh and sometimes make brownies or cookies.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• I'm stuck running errands.  I have my 37 week dr. appt at 12.  Then I have to go to the post office to express something to my husband who lives in another state.  Then I have to go to Costco because we are out of cereal (again).  then I thought I might pick up lunch for the kids from Culver's.  Since I'm going that way I'll probably stop at Hobby Lobby and look at some yarn.

At least I'll have my dad's car today.  Normally I take the bus everywhere but there was no good route/timing to do the post office run so I have to drive.  I hate driving my dad's car.  The transmission is shot and it barely runs.  I'm always afraid it's going to break down while I'm out.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• My kids and I made welcome home banners with homemade finger paints after we got home from the store today. I just realized though that I forgot a few things so we'll probably go back after supper... it sucks cause town's quite a hike from here, but if I wait and go tomorrow or later I'll have to fight with the crowds gearing up for the weekend and that's not cool with 5 kids LOL
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 2:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2010