Sexual History

Should one's sexual history be relevant in a rape case? I'm not meaning like someone has a history of making rape claims. I mean something like how many people someone has had sex with or how soon after the incident that person had sex. Does having sex with a lot of people or immediately after the incident really negate the fact that rape occurred? Why or why not?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 10:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No. Even if I had sex 10x's with every man on the planet, the first time I said no and one decided to force me violently anyway....they are in the wrong. I said no.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Absolutely not! Maybe this person immediately had consensual sex to try and erase the rape memories. What the person has done in the past has nothing to do with the fact that a crime was committed against them.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• If its really a rape case then no. If its a I got too drunk to remember what I did and don't want people to think I'm a slut, then maybe.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 10:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• IMO, no.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No! Even if I had sex with a football team in one night (never did, but this is hypothetical) it doesn't matter if I told one of them no and he forced himself.
    It shouldn't matter who a rape victim has had sex with, or how many, or how open she is about it. Just because she asks a lot of guys for sex doesn't mean she asked this particular one.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Rape is rape it doesn't even matter if the woman's a hooker. No is no
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No. If a woman (or man) says no, the answer is no.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No means No.. It does not matter how often you had sex even with your husband if you say NO and he decides to force himself on you he has committed a crime. Again No means No.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• Should one's sexual history be relevant in a rape case?.....how soon after the incident that person had sex

How soon after should matter - but only from a medical standpoint. If you've covered up or tainted any DNA samples they may have been able to get from your rapist, that's something they'll need to know about.

Otherwise, no, it doesn't matter.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• No means no. The rest is irrelevant.

DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2010